Wednesday 24 October 2012

Easy peasy Onion Bhaji's or pakoras

I had lots of fun researching recipes for ONION BHAJI's. Gram flour is making an appearance on supermarket shelves but its difficult to find good quality versions.I wanted a Spice Almighty kit to be really super easy to make as they are part of my 'So Simple...' range ( more on that later) Each pack contains premixed gram flour and spices so there is very little measuring.  Simply empty the bhaji mix into a large bowl add water, add two sliced onions, salt to taste and fry.

I was at a school pamper evening where I had little samples for the ladies to try - I think it was a thumbs up from almost everyone. And they where so surprised at how easy it sounded. I didn't really know how well the Bhaji mix would be received...but I SOLD OUT!!

Also I mentioned to a few people the mix could also be used for pakora, using spinach, cauliflower, even potato or chilli (!) I shall try out a few of these in future.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good!

    I struggle to buy gram flour in my small town (unless I want to do the 70-min round trip cycle to the lovely Thai shop), so I will be be buying this.

    I totally love your Rendang kit, I'm trying the Laska kit tonight, and the Satay marinade on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete